Terms & Conditions
1. Who We Are
Murton Park is a trading name of YMF Services Ltd Co No 2761415 (England & Wales) VAT No 599 0734 89 And Yorkshire Museum of Farming Ltd. Co No 01522789 (England & Wales) Charity No 510900 whose registered office is Murton Park, Murton Lane, Murton, York, YO19 5UF
2. Use of Our Website
Our website is offered as a facility for customers to purchase entrance tickets to Murton Park or our products and events is directed solely at those who access this website from the UK.
Whilst we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on our website, errors may occur. We cannot give any warranty or representation as to the accuracy of the information, and do not accept responsibility for errors or omissions or for any action or decisions based on the information.
Your use of our website is at your risk. If you have any specific queries, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01904 489966.
The information and materials provided on our website are of a general nature only and cannot be regarded as constituting advice or recommendations (professional or otherwise).
We do not accept any liability for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages of whatever nature, including but not limited to loss of anticipated savings, revenue, information, goodwill or contract arising out of our website, its availability or lack of availability or your use of any information contained on our website.
We exclude all warranties, express or implied, relating to the information and materials on our website to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Links from and to Our Website
Hypertext links are links by which visitors can move from one website to another or from one page to another within the same website.
Our website contains hypertext links to third parties’ websites. Any hypertext links between our website and any third party website are provided for your convenience only and we accept no liability whatsoever for the contents of any such third party website. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise in connection with or as a result of third party website material or your accessing of third party websites causing any damage, costs, injury or loss of any kind.
You may link to the homepage of our website, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our website must not be framed on any other site and you may not create a link to any part of our website other than the homepage.
4. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest (together “Social Media”) facilities
We offer our Social Media pages as facilities for your convenience and are not responsible for any financial or other liability associated directly or indirectly with a public or private posting made using them.
You acknowledge that any information that you post using our Social Media facilities may be viewable by any person and by posting using our Social Media facilities you undertake:
- to accept full responsibility for the contents of any postings you make using the facilities.
- to use the facilities only for lawful purposes.
- not to post any material which is inaccurate, defamatory, abusive, offensive, pornographic, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate or which will constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or which may cause offence in relation to sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or working status.
- not to harass or upset third parties through your use of the facilities.
- not to send personal information about any third party using the facilities.
- not to insert into any posting any material which contains viruses, files or programs that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software or hardware equipment.
- not to use the facilities for any commercial purpose or to send advertisements, chain letters, surveys, pyramid schemes or requests for money; and
- not to use the facilities in order to obtain unauthorised access to data or other information belonging to us or any third party.
You acknowledge and agree that we may at our discretion remove any postings from the facilities, that we may (but are not obliged to) monitor the contents of postings sent using the facilities and that we do not accept any liability arising from your use of, or the content of any postings in your use of, the facilities.
You are responsible for all information posted using the facilities which arises from use of your account for the relevant Social Media facility, whether or not such use is authorised by you.
You acknowledge and agree that any content that you post using our Social Media facilities will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and that we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
We shall not be responsible, or liable to you, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by any other user of the facilities. The views expressed on our Social Media facilities by other users do not represent our views or values.
5. Provision of Goods and Services
6. Trade Marks, Logos and Service Marks
Except where otherwise stated expressly, you must not copy, adapt, download, exploit or otherwise use the information contained on our website in any way, other than for the purpose of enquiring about or requesting information relating to our tickets or products or downloading and temporarily storing one or more of the pages of our website for the purpose of viewing, for your personal use only, on a personal computer or terminal. For the avoidance of doubt you shall not be entitled to reproduce, permanently store, or retransmit any of the contents of our website without our prior written consent.
Whilst we try to keep our anti-virus software up-to-date we do not warrant that our website, its servers, downloadable files or e-mails which may be sent by us, are free from viruses or other harmful components.
You must not:
- introduce or attempt to introduce any virus or other contaminant to our website or any of its software or systems; or
- in any way attempt to access, alter, de-compile, reverse engineer, destroy or otherwise tamper with or interfere with the operation of any part of our website, its software or systems.
You acknowledge and agree that emails and Internet transmissions can never be guaranteed to be completely secure and that there is a risk that any message or information that you send to us by email or using the Internet may be intercepted and viewed by a third party. We shall not be liable for any emails or Internet transmissions that you send to us and any such emails or transmissions that you send to us shall be sent at your own risk.
9. Feedback and Complaints
Any queries, feedback or comments you may have about our website should be submitted by emailing us at enquiries@Murtonpark.co.uk.
10. Privacy & Cookies Policy
11. Connection and Charges
You are responsible for obtaining an appropriate connection with a telecommunications provider in order to access our website and for paying the costs of all charges you incur in accessing and using our website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALES
Your commitment to us
When you confirm your purchase, you are accepting that these terms and conditions form the basis of any contract between Murton Park and yourself.
For the purpose of entry, adults are aged 16+ and children are aged 3-15. Children under 3 enjoy access to Murton Park at a lower price which is displayed on the website.
Prices are inclusive of VAT. Once you have paid, we will not increase the price of your tickets.
Prices displayed on the site are subject to change without notice.
Unfortunately, we cannot issue any refunds for cancellations.
Once purchased on-line tickets may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. No ticket may be resold.
Any discounts or offers on-line are available for limited quantities and periods only and shall not be available on bookings made by phone or in person.
Please bring along your booking reference number and/or email print out.
Prices are correct at the time of going to press and are subject to change without notification.
Murton Park reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the site, ban entry to the site or remove from the site, any visitor.
No child will be admitted to Murton Park unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
COVID-19 – you/your group should not attend Murton Park if you have Covid-19 or are experiencing any symptoms, please contact us in advance under these circumstances.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SCHOOL BOOKINGS
1) These terms and conditions apply to any contract for the supply of all services by Murton Park to any school, educational establishment, or other group (School) whether at the principal site at Murton Park or the contracting school (in school) Murton Park is a trading name for YMF Services Ltd (02761415) and Yorkshire Museum of Farming Ltd (01522789)
2) No variations to these terms and conditions will be accepted unless with the full, prior, written agreement of both parties.
3) All Bookings to be made online via the Murton Park website between 2 weeks and 12 months in advance.
4) A 25% non-refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking. Your booking is only confirmed once we have received your deposit and a receipt has been issued.
5) It is the responsibility of the Booker to ensure all details are correct and complete at the time of booking. Additional needs can only be catered for if made at the time of booking.
6) In the event Murton Park has to cancel your booking we will try and rearrange your booking date to another suitable date.
8) All services provided by Murton Park are subject to a scale of charges reviewed periodically. These prices are all stated on our website. Prices are guaranteed for a period of 6 months from the date of the confirmation of the booking. After this period, Murton Park reserves the right to vary the final charges for any and all of the services provided. Any variation in price will be notified to the School in writing at the earliest possible opportunity.
9) Cancellations for any confirmed booking for any reason must be notified Murton Park via email and will be acknowledged. The deposit paid will be non-refundable.
The following charges will apply:
- i) Less than 4 calendar weeks of the date, 100% of the projected final invoice.
- ii) Between 4 and 6 calendar weeks, 80% of the projected final invoice.
10) The final balance invoice for the number of pupils and adults originally booked will be issued two weeks prior to the date of visit. Any increase in pupil numbers to those originally booked will be an additional invoice on the day of visit. Payment of this (these) invoice(s) is due within 1 week or on the day of your visit whichever is soonest. There will be no credits given for lower pupil numbers to those on your original booking.
11) During the delivery of any service, Murton Park staff will be responsible for the delivery of the specified activities and content only. Supervision of children remains the responsibility of the School and their appointed representatives. Adequate levels of supervision must be always provided by the School. If the lead member of Murton Park staff feels that the School is in breach of this condition, they may at their own discretion suspend or withdraw the provision of the service with no consequent reduction in price.
11) We ensure all our staff dealing with pupils are fully DBS checked
12) During periods of your visit there may be members of the public at Murton Park. We will make every endeavour to ensure the general public do not have access to the renactment sites but there may be occasions where this is impossible.
13) if at any time you have a complaint for the service you have received please send a confidential email to email@example.com who will respond to your complaint within 7 days.